I went to 9 stores today to try to get all the running around done for the memorial. Normally I love to shop. I mean, I'm so good at it! And anytime I get to spend money without feeling guilty is especially fun. But it was crowded today. People were rude. And all I could think was, "Man, I'm doing all this because my child is dead." Made me wonder what the other people I came into contact with are dealing with. If we could just see behind everyone's eyes we'd have a lot more compassion, I think.
I'm pretty much the person who can fight back tears and put a smile on her face because I know my life ain't so bad. I know what it's like to be homeless, hungry or depressed and terribly afflicted. "Suck it up and get the job done" I had to say to myself all day. Thank the Lord I am safe with him. It's not only okay for me to be upset, He welcomes my tears. I matter to him. My hurts, my fears, my anger all have a voice. He listens. He comforts. He restores. And he blesses me with ice cream, which I will be eating after I'm done with this post. So much for the Biggest Loser Challenge. Sorry, friends (you know who you are) but this week I'm falling off the wagon. I'll be back to the healthy diet and exercise regiment NEXT week. :)
4 comments:
I have those same thoughts, "The least you could do is be nice, my daughter died!" I don't say it out loud, but find myself saying it alot to myself.
YES! I think that all the time!
This is a great post and reminded me of one of my favorite verses (thank you):
Philippians 4:12-13
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Love you girl!
Going thru a loss of a child does make you wonder about the people around you-if they've gone thru the same thing or if they are struggling with something. You just never know.
Post a Comment