We got a call from the OB we saw today letting us know that with all the information we have on my condition, the specialists decided that it was in mine and Cayla's best interests to try to wait until 36 weeks for induction. It will give my body more time to "ready" itself for delivery. They are concerned that I may have a failed induction if we do it too soon, which wouldn't be good at all. They know how much I am against having a c-section and that we would like to have the greatest chance at seeing Cayla alive when she comes out so I think those things were brought into the equation with the decision-making. I am going in for an appointment on Oct. 1st to get checked and to make the final arrangements for Cayla's birth. I will be about 35 1/2 weeks at that point. By the way, when I was measured today my belly came in at a whopping 47 centimeters!!! The biggest I've ever been is about 39-40 at term. The specialist also said that before induction is started that they will manually take out some of the fluid to reduce the risk of me hemorrhaging during the birthing process. I guess the bigger I am (more fluid) the greater chance of that happening is.
Not that I especially want to get this over with right away but I am in a lot of pain. It hurts so much for me to really do anything at all, even lay down. The only time I'm remotely comfortable is when I'm surrounded by water.
Thankfully, my mom arrived today to help out. Joe was going to start family leave this week but he's going to wait until the next go-round since she's here to help us out and we're not having a baby next week as previously thought.
Please pray for endurance and unity with one another.
4 comments:
Please let us know what else we can do for you and your family aside from praying of course!!
So sad to hear that you are so uncomfortable. Praying that all goes well for your family in these next couple of weeks. That is so great that your mom is able to be with you to help out.
Yay my house is going to be clean! I mean REALLY clean!
We love you Carly...I am sorry that you are so uncomfortable. I know you always put your own comfort ahead of the kids..I am praying for gods strength to empower you and fill you both.
love you...
Post a Comment