Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vacation

We had a blast on our vacation even though it was a lot of hard work (as camping always is). We were gone for a total of 8 nights, 5 of them sleeping in a tent! Yes, people –I spent 5 days sleeping outside in a tent (the “condo”) with a belly that measured about 37 weeks at the time. Ha! Yes, I must be crazy, but no it wasn’t bad. I love camping and even more than that love spending time with my family, and even more than that love being in Yosemite, especially with good friends. So it was all worth it to me. The rest of the time we got to spend time with Joe’s Grandpa Jack and Grandma Pat in Sacramento and to top off the fun we were invited to spend some time with the Boltz’s in Pollock Pines with our dear friends, Doug and Valerie Kurtz. It was the best possible ending to a great trip, that’s for sure…I was quite worn out with all the camping by that time and loved being with friends who are fun to relax with. Joe even got to water ski on the lake and I’d say that was his highlight, too. You should’ve seen the smile on his face while he was out there! Here are some pictures to highlight the trip:






























2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

GREAT pictures! What a fun vacation for you guys. I didn't know that you loved to camp so much..you guys should come with us sometime (The Dugan's tent camp with us..even though the Dixon's and the LaGreca's have their own idea of "camping" is....with an RV). The kids would have so much fun together!

Sabrina said...

Wow, camping while pregnant and sleeping on the ground with your kids in the same "room." Sounds like my worst nightmare! Hmmm you must really love camping! Looks like it was worth it. :)