Hey, Everyone! The last month or so has been busy but lots of fun for us all. Eden is doing pretty well although she does seem to be "acting out" a bit because of all the stress with the baby. We bought her birthday present early (b-day is Aug. 7). Although you can't see in this picture, there is a bed-skirt and matching valance now --had to wait for it to come in the mail and then pull it apart and make a valance and add hook and loop to it so it would work on the bunk bed. She is very proud of it but sometimes asks if she can have her old bed back. Lots of transitions going on for her, I guess.
She is really looking forward to starting preschool in the fall and it's so cute to hear her talk all about it. I hope they know what's comin' to them!
Jonas FINALLY started crawling about a month ago...just in time for his first birthday, which is July 23! Woohoo! We are so proud of him. Within the last week he's said two new words (in context), "uh-oh" and "Ba-ter" (Baxter-the Bronson's dog) and has started following commands like, "Go get sister" and "Get the ball."
It's so fun to see him trying to figure things out and how all of the sudden he has mastered some of the toys in the house and really seems to have an agenda while doing things. Of course with that also comes the need for light discipline. He completely understands what "no" means and gets frustrated when I use the word in reference to something he is doing (like playing with the electrical outlets). The other day I was following him around because I saw him going towards an outlet. I told him "No" as he was reaching for it, he looked at me, put his hand down, and started crying. He was so frustrated with me! But now I know for sure that he can be held accountable for things like that. He's growing up, that's for sure! Booooooooo :( Also, he is losing some chub because he's getting so much exercise these days.
Here are some pics of the last month:

Eden, Jonas and Daddy outside 3-D Up movie

Silly Eden girl "dressing up." Apparently it was going to be hot where she was going.

The "Three Musketeers." Eden, Brady, and Noah

Jonas on slide at park

Eden's first corn-on-the-cob

Eden's Alphabet Soup...how cute is that?!

Eden's last night in her toddler bed.

Eden's new big girl "bonk bed"

Joe's crazy yard project- de-thatching the lawn. Never seen him work so hard! No wonder people pay to have it done...

Jonas' first gnocchi. Mmmmmm

Another one of Joe's crazy PB&J creations...he's amazing!

Jonas' first popsicle...funny how Eden's happened to be organic watered-down apple juice made in our own freezer. Sorry buddy! Mommy's just a little more busy these days.
Update on baby:
I think her first name is going to be Cayla, which means, "unblemished." One of my most fervent prayers is that we would all be able to see her as God sees her so this seems only fitting. Haven't settled on it for sure, but Eden's calling her that so hopefully it'll stick. Joe's just going to have to agree... :)
She's moving more and more and most times it brings me so much joy. For now, she is alive and well and I'm really trying to enjoy the time we have with her. It just seems to be going so fast. :(
I went in for my normal check-up this week and everything was great. My blood pressure is on the low side of normal and I'm measuring at 27 weeks (I am a little over 25 weeks) so it's possible that Cayla is swallowing the amniotic fluid now. These are great signs considering that these were the two main "problems" my healthcare providers warned us about when we told them we were going to carry her to term.
Joe mentioned after our appointment that maybe we should have a 4-D ultrasound in case she doesn't make it to term or passes away during delivery. I hadn't thought about it but maybe it would be a good thing to have done in case we don't get to see her alive when she's out of my womb. But then again, I wonder if I can handle it? Also, these ultrasounds are usually done on large movie-type screens and family/friends are invited to come watch. Would anyone want to come? If so, would we all be sad or happy? This is such uncharted territory for us and we want to do the right thing at every turn. I guess we have to do what's right for us...it's just finding the time to really be able to think it through and pray about it. Life is SO BUSY!!!! Both of us want and need it to slow down. Can you pray for that?
We're also starting to try to work through figuring out arrangements for after our Cayla is gone. We can't see burying her in a gravesite. I don't want ashes in our house. Scattered would be okay, but where? Memorial service with everyone or just a small one for those closest to us? I know for me, I want people to regard her as a real person. As someone who matters and will be missed. But the truth is, no one knows her really except me right now.
I don't want her to become something "taboo." Someone people can't talk about or tries to forget about.
Also, a dear friend of our family has made us a prayer quilt (that's a whole crazy story that I really should make the time to post) for Cayla. After she is born we will wrap her in it. It is at our house at the moment. For those of you who would like to add a knot or two, just let me know. I'll try not to forget it at home all the time. If you want to stop by and pick it up to pass around, be our guest.
Our prayer needs are as follows:
1. For less busyness. That doesn't mean not inviting us to events or handing our responsibilities off to other people; I would probably get my feelings hurt if I found out about fun things I wasn't invited to ;)
2. For Joe and I to have quality time together so we can communicate adequately and process our grief together.
3. Okay, I know this is so trivial in comparison to what's going on, but I'm supposed to get my braces off next month...just pray it happens!!!
4. For Eden's heart. She knows her baby sister is going to heaven and really doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I think the problem is that she feeds off my emotions/lack of patience and acts out in response. Okay, so maybe this is really a request for me? LOL!
5. I've had a hard time sleeping (obviously...it's almost 1 AM). Particularly in the middle of the night after I wake up to use the bathroom. I sleep better when Joe is home because he's such a comfort to me.
4 comments:
Oh, Carly, this was such a great post--full of joy and sorrow, and so well written. You definitely have a gift. I'm so glad you're taking the time to write all your feelings down like this. You are such a great mom, and a wonderful example for your kids. I pray that God will continue to hold you and Joe in His hands, and that you will feel peace and comfort there.
I love the bedding you picked out for Eden! And it was fun to see Joe's PB&J creation as you've talked so much about them before...it was WAY cooler than I thought! I think the 4-D ultrasound would be interesting, then you would maybe be a little more prepared before the real thing, you'll have to keep us updated. Praying for you guys!
Joe - that PB&J creation is AWESOME! Wow...I am totally impressed. How fun for your kids!
Praying for you as always. I was thinking of the kids as newborns recently as Jack's birthday approaches and am glad to see what a smart and happy little girl Eden has become.
Post a Comment