Tonight she asked me, "Who is Jesus?" to which I replied, "Jesus is the Son of God" and then she said, "Ya, and sometimes he washes our feets. With soap, too. Maybe with some colors in it!" It was the cutest thing in the whole world, if you ask me. Then she asked, "Where does he live?" and I said, "Heaven and in our hearts if we ask him to live there" and she said, "Oh, I want to go to heaven to see him but not yet. Maybe when I'm a little older."
Each day often seems to be just a string of duties chained together with the light of the tunnel being when the kids finally get to bed. But then my two year old starts asking about Jesus and wanting to know more about him, his life, his resurrection, and even life application (she asks all kinds of questions about God and Jesus and really tries to get to the bottom of it all --seriously, she does --and the majority of her questions are actually really deep) and then I realize that my "job" is so much more than clothing, feeding, changing, playing, bathing, cooking, etc. etc. How exciting that as parents we get to be used to teach our kids how to love and be loved by our savior.
3 comments:
This was fun to read...I love our little girl. I didn't know she was asking so many questions...she is amazing.
That is very precious. What an important job we have as Christian mothers!
i love this story! Eden is too cute! And God is so good! :O)
Post a Comment