Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Finally Here!




Some of you know that I've had my eye on one of the beds at Pottery Barn for quite a while.  For my birthday, I decided to start an account to be able to buy it.  Well, I was able to save about $500 towards it and then to my pleasure we received a really large tax return this year so all I could think about was finally getting this bed.  
I went online to order it and to my surprise with the added expense for tax, shipping, and delivery charges the bed was going to cost $500 more than the purchase price.  I was so bummed because I thought the bed was stinkin' expensive to begin with and there was no way I was going to pay that much just to get it into my house.  Lame.  So I started looking around online and found a company in National City that custom builds furniture, customizing in beds.  I called them and within a week decided to go ahead with that company.  Not only was it cheaper, but it's better quality and the drawers are actually way bigger so it's going to do the job much better.  It took 5 weeks for them to complete it but it was so worth the wait.  The guys over at The Wood Furniture Factory did a fantastic job and finished on time, too.  If you ever get the chance to have a piece of furniture built for you, I would highly recommend them.  
Last night as Joe and I lay in bed we were looking around saying, "This doesn't feel like we're in our own house.  It feels like we're in some sort of nice hotel room or something."  That was the whole point --to finally have a bedroom that feels like a sanctuary instead of a storage area for unfolded laundry and miscellaneous junk that doesn't necessarily have another home.  I'm soooooooooo excited!  I LOVE it.  Hope you do, too.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! It's beautiful! And of course, the walls are immediately decorated and everything completed. That's my Carly. Ahhhh, now if I could only get my year-and-a-half-long loft-decorating project done. :)

Sabrina said...

So happy for you! Oh, do you like your shutter window coverings? We are seriously looking into getting them in a few months. Did you pick them out or did they come with your house?

Carly said...

They came with our house but I like them a lot. The bummer is that most of them are broken (as time goes on the little plastic pieces that keep the louvers on get brittle and break) so we have to get them fixed. Would have been done already except that I went around the house and took all the broken ones, bound them together so I wouldn't lose them and stuck them in a good place. Except it's SUCH a good place I can't find them! :(
I like them because they're easy to clean, look nice all the time, and basically black out the room if you want them to.