Saturday, March 31, 2012
Eden Update
We received a second opinion about possible treatments for Eden's birthmark and have decided to go with staged excision. Basically what this means is taking the nevus off a little at a time. So her first surgery the surgeon will take 1/2 of it off out of the middle and sew it up. Then we will wait about 6 months and take the rest off. This gives the facial tissue and muscles time to move around and "normalize". The doc will try her best to leave the scar along her natural facial aging line so it won't look out of place. We are very pleased to have this new surgeon; she was wonderful with Eden and has lots of experience with this type of thing. Please continue to pray for this process as it has proved to be hard on us all. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thinking of you and praying. I'm glad you found someone you're comfortable with and Eden will be well cared for.
Also, thank you for the sweet comment on my last post... It makes me sad that your comments are 'no-reply' :-(
sending a prayer!
I was JUST thinking about Eden the other day - thank you for the update! I will continue to pray for all the medical intervention -- and for that sweet girl's spirit through all this. I can only imagine the toll this takes on the whole family. Hugs to everyone. Please let us know if we can help with anything!
Post a Comment