Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Need Prayer
Hey peeps! Well I only have the time for a short version of the story for now but there will be more to come later. The main thing is that we need to pray Eden's birthmark is not in fact a hairy (ewww) congenital nevus, but just a cafe au lait spot (not likely). It has been a rocky road the last few months trying to figure out just what it is exactly, a roller coaster of ups and downs depending on which specialists we talk to, and hard navigating what to say to Eden. As parents we don't want to add to her stress of having a large dark spot on her beautiful little face (and thus creating a major complex that she'll spend the rest of her life in therapy for). The fact of the matter is that this is exactly how God created her and for some reason wants this to be part of her story. How much do we push this world's vision of beauty onto our daughter? Who do we believe in all this? The amount of information out there is daunting and much of it seems to be contradictory. The further we go, the more confused we get. I'll fill you in on the details later but I have dishes, laundry and breakfast to make for tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sending prayers!!
Unfortunately I am very familiar with all this.. I had my first diagnoses of skin cancer at 19. It took a while, but I've come to accept that this is just one of the battles God has put me up against in order to show me how strong I can be. I'm still praying that Eden does not have to endure this battle, but if she does at least you can rest easy knowing how treatable these early cancers are, and what wonderful techniques surgeons have these days to preserve the cosmetic appearance. I've had several excisions on my face and no one notices the scars unless I point them out! Give us an update when you can.
Post a Comment