I was expecting to get attitude about declining the genetics testing and to have to explain myself but was really pleasantly surprised at how both the nurse and my certified nurse midwife said, "I completely understand why you wouldn't want to get it and we respect that." The certified nurse midwife was very personable and I just loved her approach towards me. I could tell she was happy to be involved in our pregnancy and that made all my apprehensions just fade away. I'm so thankful God gave me this experience because now I'm excited about our new medical home at Kaiser.
We were also blessed to see our little jumping bean's heartbeat for the first time! That's something that always makes me a little uneasy after what happened in our first pregnancy. Seeing that little person in there made me feel a little better about feeling so sick all the time, too! The official due date is now October 31st! Trunk or Treat may be a little uncomfortable but we'll see how it goes! :)
1 comment:
I had a certified midwife and we had a really great experience, I hope you do too. :) Yeay for heart beats.
Post a Comment