Monday, January 19, 2009

Mommy Merit Badge Earned Today

No, I don't have any pics and you'll soon be glad to hear it.  
After a few weeks of searching I finally found my old high school friend, Sarah.  We decided we would meet at the park today to let our kids play while we caught each other up on our lives.  Well, for whatever reason in Poway I guess Martin Luther King Jr. Day is like more important than Christmas because the gates to the park were unopened.  Okay, fine.  No big deal --we'll just park on the road and walk in.  
So we're talking and watching the kids when I hear from the top of the play structure, "Mommy!  I have to go pee pee!" So of course, I drop the conversation and run over to pull Eden off the structure and run her to the bathroom as fast as I can.  Uh, oh.  Door's locked.  Okay, don't panic.  Forget you have the ticking time bomb of pee pee in your arms and think of something quick.  Fix it, fixx it, you're the Mommy.  Fix it.  Uhhhhh, okay.  
Carly: "Eden.  you know how you were talking about wanting to go camping?  Well, today we're going to go pee pee in the bushes like you do when you go camping and there's no toilets." 
Eden: "Okay.  Ya because the toilets are closed so I have to pee pee outside" 
Off we ran to the most inconspicuous place I could find, just picturing a cop giving me some sort of ticket for public nudity and urinating on public property.  So how do I do this without her peeing all over herself?  Or more importantly, me?!  Finally (third time's a charm) I decided to crouch down, put my forearm underneath her knees and tell her to hold on to my neck while sitting without touching the ground.  Toilet paper?  Easy: Jonas' unused diaper.  Totally worked without a hitch.  Awesome.  I'm so smart.  Well, about a 1/2 hour later my thoughts are shattered by Eden yelling, "MOMMY, I HAVE TO GO POOP!" Oh, crap.  Literally.  I just looked at Sarah and we both were like, "Oh, man."  Sarah said, "Well, Wal-Mart's across the street.  Just go there."  Ya, right!  Like Eden is really going to be able to hold it that long.  Then I remembered the diaper trash baggies (you know...the ones that look just like the ones people carry around with their dogs) that I had stashed away in the car, deep within the back-up diaper bag.  Yes, for your information, they work just like the doggy poopy bags.  Enough said. 

6 comments:

Carly said...

Mrs. Moochie...why post this story? Leave the 'lil doo some dignity. Good thinking though...I never saw MacGyver do anything like that any of his episodes.

Gross Family said...

That is AWESOME!!

Sabrina said...

LOL, nice. Even nicer...Julie's comment with the picture of her boy's naked booties! lol

Nick said...

AMAZING story! I laughed out loud for a long time! :)

Carolyn Joyce said...

hiiiiiiiiiilarious!!!!!! love it!

debby said...

LOVED it! (very well written, by the way)