Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Simply Shaggy Chic




Okay, so I guess it's not "new" in the way you might think. I mean, we didn't have Joy change the style (I was contemplating a cute little bob) or anything, but her hair is out of her eyes for a change. When we asked her the other day if she wanted to get her hair cut at Auntie Joy Joy's salon she said, "No. It hurt". As in it'll hurt me. Why would I want you to get my hair cut? I suppose in a two-year-old's mind it only makes sense --it's my hair...it's on my head...if you cut things on your body, it hurts.

So on the way to the salon I was telling her all about the cool chair that goes up and down and spins around, etc. etc. and she still wasn't convinced. She wouldn't even give Joy, whom Eden adores, a hug or kiss because she knew that whatever was about to happen was going to be her doing.
It turned out well, though. I ended up sitting in the chair with the little squirmer as Joy cut her bangs. When she saw the hair falling down she said, "Uh oh" over and over. It was quite cute. Here are before and after pics. Note the Dorothy shoes (as in "There's no place like home...") and pink giraffe print socks in the before pic. :)

1 comment:

Carrie Peña said...

I LOVE the shoes!! How adorable! And the haircut... well, with a mom who has the best haircuts in town it was just a matter of time before Eden followed suit. ;)