Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby Boy Update




Today I was "checked" (you moms know what I'm talking about) at my weekly doctor's appointment and found out that I'm already 3 cm's dilated, 50% effaced and my bag of waters is bulging out! The nurse practitioner was very surprised and said pretty bluntly, "I don't think we'll be seeing each other next week and don't be surprised if your water breaks soon". This news was extremely exciting to me since it took about 18 hours of excruciating pain to get to three cm's last time. I'm having contractions but they don't hurt yet and aren't too regular, either. Basically, I could be like this for days but then again, maybe not! We'll see. Here's what I look like today...I made Joe take some pics of me just in case I go into full-on labor. I'm excited but still have a laundry list of things to do before I'll feel ready to go to the hospital. I suppose packing would be a good idea at this point. :)

4 comments:

Carolyn Joyce said...

it sounds like he's almost here!!!! can't wait to see the little guy! love you, carly.

Unknown said...

Hi Car Eden is fearless boy your going to have your hands full.Love your house .Dad

Gross Family said...

Nice...hope he comes soon. Yes, I'd get that bag packed pretty soon....both my boys "suprised" me with their arrivals. hope you have a quick delivery!!

Unknown said...

Hey Car, You look so good! I love the haircut :) My phone is near by these days, getting excited for baby boy!