Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving





It seems pretty funny to write a post about Thanksgiving at this point since the Christmas lights are up on the house and the Christmas tree is all decorated, but I thought I'd share.  Thanksgiving went great.  We had 14 people eating dinner here when all was said and done and surprisingly, we had waaaayyy too many leftovers.  I knew that we wouldn't all be able to fit inside the house to eat so the back patio was really the only option.  To make it more cozy I decided to make curtains and enough tablecloths to cover all the tables so they'd all be matching (the event coordinator part of me really couldn't have it any other way).  
Funny side story: I took Eden to the fabric store with me to find some tablecloth material.  The whole time I was talking with her about which fabrics we liked, which ones we didn't, etc. etc.  After about 45 minutes of taking bolt after bolt after bolt down as if that was "the one" I decided to give Eden the swatch of curtain I brought with me and asked her to find a fabric that matched and would look pretty with the curtains since I was so frustrated.  Seriously within about 20 seconds she stood up in the cart, pointed, and excitedly said, "Mommy, dat one wit da big fowers would be nice.  It matches!  It be pretty!"  She was right.  I couldn't argue with her, so that's what we got.  
We also decided that would be the night we gave Jonas rice cereal for the first time.  He liked it but didn't quite know what to do with his tongue (a problem we didn't have with Eden since she was tongue-tied!) so he spit most of it out of his mouth.  Fun.  But I haven't given it to him since!!!!  Ha!  Mostly because I can't decide when "meal time" is going to be.  Give me a break; the kid just finally got on a good eating schedule, period.  The thought of integrating something else into the day makes me want to cry.  :)    

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, martha stewart! what a beautiful spread! you are too much. kelsey is happy jonas is eating rice cereal too. they can be cereal pals (who spit most of it out)!

Sabrina said...

The curtians and the table cloth are very cute together! Nice job Eden! And I love the idea about the curtains outside on the patio! I wish you lived closer so you could help me make window coverings!

Sabrina said...

P.S. How did you hang the curtians from the patio? Are you going to keep them up?

Carolyn Joyce said...

how cute, carly!!! i'm impressed! miss you mucho!